Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Dear Reader


Dear Reader,
            My essay is about my gaming obsession when I was younger. The purpose of my essay is to show you how it changed my development and taught me new things. I want you to be interested in what I’m writing and feel like you’re reading something that isn’t boring and impersonal.
            I decided to choose my topic about gaming because it was the only piece of technology that I could think of that really affected me personally. To plan for my essay I wrote down how gaming affected me in good and bad ways and just elaborated on it. The only decision I really had to make was how my essay was organized. At first I was mixing how gaming affected me negatively and positively in the same paragraph. I then figured out that my essay would flow much better if I separated the two completely so you can really see the difference between my two viewpoints.
            I think having my peers review my paper helped me tremendously. At first I thought I wouldn’t like this process at all. I don’t really like when people read my papers because I’m not confident in my writing skills. The first person to review my paper was one of my roommates so I felt that it could be a little bias and the feedback I got maybe could have been better from a stranger. The second time a girl I didn’t know at all read my paper. To my surprise she said she really liked my paper and gave me a lot of good feedback. Overall having my paper reviewed strengthened my paper and also gave me more confidence as a writer.
            Overall I think my paper gives you a more personal feel and you can really see how technology changed the way I grew up. My essay is easy to get through and has personal details that really bring my point across. Hopefully you feel the same.

Thanks,
               Alex Graddon          

Word Count : 330

No comments:

Post a Comment